A variation of the traditional version (no nuts or cheese) but this pesto makes for a tasty dish. A quick and easy meal that is ready in less than 30 minutes. Nicely feeds a family of four. Check out the Recipe Kit.
Radical Homemaker Quick Tip
Eat your veggies! Try adding organic spinach, arugula or broccoli. No need to cook. Right before you strain your pasta – throw the veggies into the boiling pasta water – then strain. The residual heat will wilt your veggies just enough.
Cutting basil into ribbons – take all your basil leaves and stack them on top of each other in the same direction. Roll from tip and to stem. Carefully hold in place and slice.
1 box Lundberg Brown Rice Penne Pasta
6 tablespoons organic butter
2 heaping tablespoons Emperor’s Kitchen Chopped Garlic
12 Mediterranean Organic Sundried Tomatoes in Olive Oil, chopped fine
½ cup organic basil, cut into ribbons (see quick tip)
1 tablespoon Simply Organic Italian Seasoning
½ teaspoon Eden French Celtic Sea Salt
1. Prepare pasta according to directions on box.
2. Melt butter in a medium pot over low heat. Add garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add sundried tomatoes and basil to butter-garlic mixture. Cook an additional 5 minutes.
4. Stir in Italian seasoning and salt. Take off heat and place to the side.
5. After you strain the pasta, return to pot and add the sundried tomato mixture. Toss until coated.
6. Serve with salad. Enjoy an easy yet very tasty weeknight meal.
Download FREE Recipe Card Here!