These burgers were awesome. The taste was totally there and the easy peanut sauce topped them just right. Jen suggested that they would make a great appetizer or hors d’oeuvre if made smaller. Thanks for the great idea, babe!
Inspired by Veggie Burgers Every Which Way by Lukas Volger.
Radical Homemaker Quick Tip
Coconut Aminos are a great alternative to soy sauce. 65% less sodium and GMO free. FYI – 94% of soybeans are estimated to be genetically modified in the US. Soy derivatives are found in most processed foods. Read those labels.
2 tablespoons organic butter
1 medium organic onion, finely chopped
4 cloves organic garlic, minced
1 tablespoon Emperor’s Kitchen Chopped Ginger
4 cups organic carrots, shredded
½ teaspoon Simply Organic Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Simply Organic Coriander
2 organic eggs
2 tablespoons Once Again Nut Butter Smooth Peanut Butter
1 tablespoon Lakewood Organic Lime Juice
1 tablespoon Coconut Secret Raw Coconut Aminos
2 tablespoons fresh organic cilantro (optional when in season), chopped
Pinch Eden French Celtic Sea Salt
½ cup Mary’s Gone Crackers Original, crushed into bread crumbs
1. Melt butter in a large pan over low-medium heat.
2. Add onion and cook until tender, about 5-8 minutes.
3. Add garlic, ginger, carrot, cinnamon and coriander. Mix well and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
4. Beat eggs, peanut butter, lime juice, coconut aminos, cilantro and salt. Add to carrot mixture.
5. Add crackers crumbs and mix well.
6. Form patties and place on a cookie sheet. Bake at 375º for 25-30 minutes.
7. Top with super easy peanut sauce.
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and add warm water (a little at a time) for desired consistency.
2. Top off your burger.