If you love mushrooms and happily get on the gravy train, you must try this! Super easy to make, full of flavor and endless possibilities… Ladled over pasture raised organic chicken or 100% grass-fed beef roast; poured over creamy homemade mashed potatoes; stirred into cauli-rice; you can even have this with eggs!
We’re keeping it gluten and grain free by making a roux with potato flour.
So, let’s get to it!
Cremini Mushroom Gravy | Serves 2-4
Gluten Free • Grain Free • Soy Free • Paleo • Whole30
(dairy free and vegan when made with coconut oil)
4 tablespoons grass-fed organic butter
2 tablespoons potato flour
1 teaspoon organic thyme
1 cup homemade chicken broth (you could use beef or veggie broth too)
1/2lb organic cremini mushrooms, sliced
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Fresh cracked black pepper, optional to taste
- In a medium-large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add potato flour and thyme. Stir constantly to not burn. The flour will get slightly golden and foamy.
- Add broth, stir, raise heat to medium-high and stir constantly (thickening will happen very quickly).
- Lower heat back to medium; add mushrooms, salt and stir to coat.
- If you like firm mushrooms, cook for 2-4 minutes. If you like soft mushrooms, reduce heat to low, cover and cook 5-8 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
*Radical Homemaker Quick Tip*
Making a roux is quite easy – watch this video and you’ll be a pro in no time 😉 Remember, stay away from regular white flour – go with Bob’s Red Mill potato flour (results are the same).
Leave a Reply