Smooth and creamy, this spread is great with Savory Crunchy Crackers!
The smoky flavor is very light – you could always add more Spanish smoked paprika. The dill is totally optional (fresh is always best).
2 cups organic cashews, soaked overnight
¼ cup filtered water
2 tablespoons organic lemon juice
2 tablespoons pickle juice (I used the juice from our homemade lacto-feremented pickles)
1 teaspoon organic apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
½ tablespoon A. Vogel Herbamare seasoning (or salt to taste)
1 teaspoon Spanish smoked paprika
½ teaspoon dill, fresh or dry (I only had dry on hand)
10 turns freshly cracked black pepper
1 cap probiotic powder (simply, pull apart capsule)
- Rinse and drain soaked cashews.
- Put cashews in food processor, run machine to break down (1-2 minutes).
- While machine is running, add water, lemon juice, pickle juice and vinegar. Scrap sides to incorporate all cashews as needed.
- Keep machine running and add remainder of ingredients (you can stop and open to add pepper). Mixture should be nice and creamy, scrape sides one last time before shutting machine.
- Scrape mixture into bowl, cover and keep in fridge for 48 hours for flavors to come together.
- Serve with Savory Crunchy Crackers for a great nutrient-dense snack.
*Radical Homemaker Quick Tip*
This dip will last a solid 2+ weeks in the fridge.