Smooth and creamy, this spread is great with Savory Crunchy Crackers!
The smoky flavor is very light – you could always add more Spanish smoked paprika. The dill is totally optional (fresh is always best).
Smoky Cashew Spread
vegan, gluten free, grain free, soy free, dairy free, paleo friendly
2 cups organic cashews, soaked overnight
¼ cup filtered water
2 tablespoons organic lemon juice
2 tablespoons pickle juice (I used the juice from our homemade lacto-feremented pickles)
1 teaspoon organic apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
½ tablespoon A. Vogel Herbamare seasoning (or salt to taste)
1 teaspoon Spanish smoked paprika
½ teaspoon dill, fresh or dry (I only had dry on hand)
10 turns freshly cracked black pepper
1 cap probiotic powder (simply, pull apart capsule)
- Rinse and drain soaked cashews.
- Put cashews in food processor, run machine to break down (1-2 minutes).
- While machine is running, add water, lemon juice, pickle juice and vinegar. Scrap sides to incorporate all cashews as needed.
- Keep machine running and add remainder of ingredients (you can stop and open to add pepper). Mixture should be nice and creamy, scrape sides one last time before shutting machine.
- Scrape mixture into bowl, cover and keep in fridge for 48 hours for flavors to come together.
- Serve with Savory Crunchy Crackers for a great nutrient-dense snack.
*Radical Homemaker Quick Tip*
This dip will last a solid 2+ weeks in the fridge.
Leave a Reply